Under Regulation 9 of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations the owner/user of a pressure system shall:
“Ensure that those parts of the pressure system included in the scheme of examination are examined by a competent person within the intervals specified in the scheme and, where the scheme so provides, before the system is used for the first time;..”
Keeping your Pressure Systems Safe
Call us now on
0845 126 0307
What is a statutory examination?
- An external and/or internal check of the pressure vessels, looking for cracks rusting, wear and tear.
- Visual and physical checks of the protective devices.
How do Mandate Systems carry out an examination?
In most cases include the opening of the appropriate vessel for internal / thorough examination. Not all inspection companies offer this procedure therefore incurring third party involvement and additional costs.
What will be on my Examination report?
Inspection reports detail:-
- information from the identification plate or test certificate
- ultrasonic scan of the vessel wall thickness
- internal visual examination of internal wall condition and welds
- examination of protective devices including pressure gauges, relief / safety valves
- check the safe operating limits
- and any additional safety issues relating to the vessel and its peripherals
Who should carry out the examinations?
The examinations must be carried out by a Competent Person(s), whether this be your insurance company or an independent provider.
How are my documents presented?
All examination reports are retained securely online and are available to you 24/7 for immediate access or download, in PDF.