Mandate Systems is a family owned and run business and are looking for an experience pressure systems engineer to join our growing team, as a Technical Engineer.
The successful candidate would need to be able to work independently and as part of a team. Be self motivate, ability to work to targets and have attention to detail. The work is varied and predominantly office based, however there will be a requirement to travel when auditing engineers around the country.
Job Title: Technical Engineer
Based: Windy Bank Lane, Liversedge, WF15
Experience: 5 years experience with pressure systems
Report To: Engineering Manager
Annual Salary: £25,000 + Company Bonus
Provide assurance to the Engineering Manager that the standards of submissions to PressureSafe, and the outputs, are as high as possible. This is achieved by a hierarchical programme of audits, from technical audits of submissions through to on site audits of engineers. This role includes on site support for third party engineers, providing a communication channel to develop the services we offer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Producing technical documents received from engineers for both the core business and secondary business.
- Attach the drawing to the Written Scheme of Examination prior to delivery to the client.
- Report to Management any trends, shortfalls and opportunities for process and resource improvement.
- Onsite training with secondary business clients, showing the electronic system and support on examinations.
- Planning, arranging, managing and auditing PressureSafe engineers to ensure they are following procedure.
- Delivering feedback to Engineers to improve their approach to their duties.
- Assist in training delivery.
- Cover short notice work, should an alternative engineer not be available
- Transfer pen drawings to CAD in accordance with Mandate Systems standards.
Day to Day Activities:
Checking submitted reports for any anomalies and producing documents in preparation for quality checking. Answering technical queries from engineers/colleagues and clients, offering the best practice advice.
Contribution to the organisation:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, from improvement in training of engineers to the way examinations are carried out, as well as system issues. The continued support to new engineers and also the sales department to understand the onsite operations and help with any technical information that may be needed.
At times you may be asked to carry out additional duties for the business, however these would not be unreasonable requests.
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Please Note: Auto CAD experience is not an essential requirement, although it would be desirable. This can be offered as part of the initial training.
Applications to be received by 17th January 2020